Friday September 29th, 2017
Technology Industry Tours @ Build.com - Tours @ 2pm, 3pm and 4pm
- Come participate in a 1 hour tour of a world wide leading e-commerce company (must register below in advance).
- This free event is open to all conference particpants; pre-registration is required.
Build.com currently employs 490 people at its headquarters in Chico, and is the second largest online retailer of home improvement products in the world
Evening Pre-Conference leadership Reception - in Chico @ 5:00-7:00pm
- This free event is open to site/district leadership, CTE Leads, Department Chairs, Faculty. Pre-registration is required.
- Come network with other site and district leadership teams over appetizers and drinks
- A panel of speakers from local area technology companies and experts
Saturday September 30th, 2017
- Join us for full day, including a light breakfast, three 75 minute sessions, key note speaker with lunch.
Full conference session details will be posted soon!
Key Note Speaker - Dr. McGough,
Director of Curriculum and Coordinator of Federal Programs in the Columbia Borough School District, Pennsylvania
As a former 1:1 classroom teacher with nineteen years of classroom experience, he is truly a teacher’s administrator who constantly seeks to place students at the center of instructional experiences. The focus of his doctoral research was the study of underground professional development practices that were occurring on social media using Web 2.0 tools. During the course of his research, he discovered a vibrant community of connected practitioners who were leveraging the collaborative power of social media to build their own professional development communities. It was during his studies of these virtual social groups that he developed his core educational belief; in general, teachers seek virtual professional development because they lack two valuable resources when transforming their learning environments: time and money. That is why he is constantly searching for FREE virtual resources that allow teachers to leverage new and emerging technology to collaborate and design authentic learning experiences.